Thursday, June 2, 2011

Scrapbook Layout with the theme "Family"

              Scrappy Jak is hosting a challenge this week to create something related to the theme "family".  Of course for me this is a great chance to create a page about my "Family of 5".  I used a fun stitched family page that I have had in my stash for awhile now.  The journal card is from the Life Documented ~Simple Stories collection.  And of course I had to break out the stamps.  I have been stamping by inking my rubber stamps with markers this week.  Love that idea.  I saw it in a blog post by Jennifer McGuire on the Paper Crafts Magazine blog.  If you haven't tried this yet, go for it.  It's fun to use different colors then just what you have in ink pads.  I used my ZIG memory System markers and they worked great.  Lastly I asked my eleven year old daughter to help me come up with words that describe our "Family of 5".  I like the way this turned out.  Hope you enjoy!  Did you notice there is even 5 hearts?  Check out these posts to see what the challenges are.

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/pages/Scrappy-Jak/116385911739420
http://www.papercraftsconnection.com/blog/2011/06/groovin’-with-the-go-to-gals-–-i-dare-you/


No comments:

Post a Comment